Sunday, January 4, 2009

Happy New Car


This is Ruby. I always dreamed of buying myself a jeep (and a toyota previa but thats a story for another blog) so when i could, I did. I love her. She loves me too. look what i did to the front right bumper and she forgave me =).


This is the problem: it may look fine, but it was almost impossible maneuvering the car seat in and out.


i've also ALWAYS dreamed of having myself one of these...but really actually seriously dreamed of this. When the above problem arrived, there really was no question.
(this is our angel BEING an angel in the 2nd dealership--day 3)



I had a talk with Ruby (actually while sitting in her, nursing Naia in the parking lot of the dealership) and i'm pretty sure she understood.


so we "traded in" one dream for another.
I am a mom now and am the proud driver of a family fun mobile.
this thing is awesome. we have so much space and privacy, real windows and doors with awesome air =) and since its brand new, no problems to worry about. Its begging to go camping. its also begging for a name. i was talking to my friend about it and though most vehicles are ladies, i think this one here is a boy. I want to come up with something great for him so if anyone has an idea, i'd love to hear it =)

we've already had a couple adventures and i have pictures, but my dreams-come-true (brooks and naia) need me, whose new name is bessie, right now.

4 comments:

littlearch said...

What a beautiful tribute to Ruby! I'll never forget Ruby taking Dad and I to Hana and then continuing around the "back" of Maui where often the roads were not paved. While other bigger cars stalled on dirt hills, Ruby did not disappoint. One of the best rides of our lives :-)
Welcome to Bessie or Burt (as in Burt and Ernie...kind of looks like him). Looking forward to hearing the name you come up with. He's a beauty!

Kristina said...

I'll miss her. She was a good girl. My memory contribution is our Saturday/Sunday outings with fountains and cheeto curlz, the Reader in lap, looking for apartments so we could break free from the shoebox in San Diego. So long ago....but not that long ago.

Mary Tess said...

Since I never got to meet Ruby, I really appreciate that you brought her to life. Life's changes so often need a car change, too. I'm thinking Oscar might work as a guy name. Good luck with the naming thing -- this must be tough, since you're only two months out from naming Naia!

Josh said...

Nah, you need to call the car "You're My Boy Blue" or just Blue for short.