Thursday, July 3, 2008

Lame


Brooks has been sick for about 2 weeks- fluish, coldish, you know. I don't "catch" things. I don't worry about sharing water glasses and all that stuff. I don't even worry about being a school nurse with sniffly, feverish kids all day-- until now. Did you know that pregnany lowers your immune system? I just found that out.
The nurse had to call in sick yesterday and today. Someone is covering me for my home health job. I have a very small amount of voice left and usually save it for phone calls, to the school, for example. All the vitamins (i'm chugging C), cough drops and the variety of medicine i can take (acetaminophine.) aren't working yet. This is the first time, in the 4 1/2 years i've known him, that brooks has seen me with a cold. crazy, huh? I'm just hoping this isn't strep...i check a few times a day for those tell tale little white patches in my throat. so far, so swollen, and without patches.
Even though Brooks is sick too, he made his outrageously comforting, hearty, warm, perfect, aromatheraputic chicken soup last night. SO good, its ridiculous...he does it right. it takes about a day and a half to make and literally makes you fell better instantly. If only I could get it in IV form. He used two chickens this time, so there are leftovers aplenty....so that shall be breakfast.

3 comments:

pete said...

so sorry you are sick. hope you feel better soon. inhale that soup!!!
love
aunt sandy

littlearch said...

Cutie, this is your Dad. I love reading about the goings on in your life and if I can't be there with you this will have to do till that changes. You do a great job with this and hope you will continue. Hope by now that you are feeling better! Manly hugs for the Brookster. Watch after each other. XXOO.

erica said...

You feel better soon little Momma! I love you, e