Monday, July 28, 2008

little house on the gulch

So the other day, we were sitting in the living room and brooks said something like
'this is great and I'm exited but, where are we going to put her?'
"PUT her?" i said?
figured out he was talking about where to "put" the baby....

we've been trying to figure that out ever since. We LOVE our little house. its pretty, quiet, and cute, but it is really small. 2 bedrooms and one is presently the office. so i've been putting all my "skinny" clothes, aka sausage casings, in big bin/boxes and downstairs in the storage room thing, not like that will really help, i just dont know what else to do. I hope i see those clothes again soon. All thats left for me up in the accessible areas is maternity clothes- very strange. (i still wake up sometimes and think, because of a kick or acid reflux or a back spasm-fun- oh yeah, im pregnant. i think it will finally hit me when she gets here and i'm looking for a place to put her).

anywho, brooks has been a bit more proactive. In the time it took me to do the dishes the other day, he made a couch. nothing fancy but its perfect. (so a bed goes to the office--visiting moms and such-- and a permanant couch form for the futon in the living room).
I love that:
-he knows how to build things
-at any given time he can go outside and find usable wood and screws
-he does all the math in his head (fractions and conversions and the like)
-he has tools at hand when he decides we need in a new piece of furniture, in 20 minutes or less.

I finished the dishes and even had time to document the magic.




isn't he cute?

1 comment:

littlearch said...

You're BOTH cute, but can we borrow Brooks for a few months? I could really use some new stuff!
:-)