Friday, August 15, 2008

YAY!

748635.jpg
OK, last night was so fun. Although, i AM still a little pissed about the scheduling. they KNOW people either try to stay up and fail or try to stay up and succeed, having a good nights sleep (but whats that anyway) fail them. Whatever. No need to complain. No one cares.

OK, so its hard to stay in the loop with gymnastics these days. As my dad always says, "you gotta want it", and while i do want to know how the gymnastics world is turning, its hard to keep up with trying to keep up. When i was younger and really "wanted it", i seemed to find EVERY broadcasted meet and could schedule life around that. But these days...you know.
So brooks and I have been watching since whatever the meet was that happened right before the trials. The best part is that we had picked nastia liukin as our favorite from the get go. This new tree trunk power house gymnast norm has sortof gotten to me. i liked Nastia cause she looks slightly feminine, and she takes those opportunities to dance, a little. I guess i just think she's graceful. Plus her bar routines are ridiculous.

And graceful won! And Shawn Johnson, god love her, got silver. I have to admit, Brooks and I both sort of thought she was annoying (that voice) and UNgraceful (tree trunked powerhouse). But she turned out to show her own kind of grace. She was favorited as you all may know, and it seemed she knew it better than anyone. All the commercials and vignettes with her mug and voice. i thought/assumed when she was shaping up to get the silver that she'd not be the best of sports, but she was gracious and happy and, i must say, a little cute.

But my absolute favorite part of the gymnastics coverage last night was Bella Karolyi, everything about it, and every time they showed him. The proverbial "whirling dervish" did NOT let down. I've always loved him. I think last night, he reached a new place in my heart.


Watch this:  its worth it.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/share.html?videoid=0815_HD_GAW_AU_L1666

=)

Anyway, i tend to ramble these days,even more tahn usual. i think pregnancy brain (for me specifically, losing trains of thought and a miniscule attention span) is to blame. So, i'm sorry for all the tangents. Thanks for reading these messes.

1 comment:

littlearch said...

Keep the messes coming- makes me feel better about my own brain. Of course, I have no little one inside sapping my extra cells...
hmmm
OK I LOVED the competition last night and didn't even mind staying up til 1:30 (knowiing the alarm would go off at 6)because I was glued. I think Shawn's final floor routine was gutsy; thank god she hit everything to get that silver.