Monday, September 29, 2008

Exciting day(s) for the fleming/archabals!

My sister erica is well on her way to being a mommy! If you read my blog, chances are you read hers too, but its

www.littlearch.blogspot.com

if you'd like to check out her blog. My brother josh is posting the labor and delivery (he he) news on her page so if you'd like a status check, he's updating as the news comes in. Erica is a little busy, you see.

This is so fun, so exciting. Makes my day seem a little uneventful, but i'll tell you about it anyway =). im so excited and my fingers want to keep typing =)!!

Brooks took us, me and bgg, to the doctor this morning. Everything looks good (weight, bp, baby's heart beat and size..).. Everyone is healthy. Best part: The doctor told us how to identify her little parts. so, RIGHT now, i can find and pat her on her little bum! ha ha. what's happening on the right are her little feet doing the hustle. AND she's head down, ready to go....Thats nice to know! hopefully she'll stay that way. And in the mean time, i get to feel her moving around and know where and what she's moving!

The OB NURSE asked me if i was having twins. I said the OB nurse, the one who checks in pregnant ladies day in and day out. Thats lovely. "twins?" "no?" "aye, you a little girl...but you so big--you sure just one? ha ha ha." She hadn't opened my chart yet, so she didn't even know how far along i am.... "yep, just one baby". Thats the best response i could think of. Its amazing how i lack the ability to respond to the things people say to me these days. I love how everyone tells me how big i am.... responses i want to give are things like

"yeah, wow, i am. i hadn't noticed that"
"yeah, i'm huge-- so are you!"
"thank you"
"we expect her to come out fully grown and typing 60 words/min"

All of these seem pretty rude so usually i just stand there and smile.

i think i'm going to have a new neice by morning-- just MY prediction... i will go to sleep with the phones near, waiting for updates.

I am currently munching on a homegrown watermelon. it is DELICIOUS!

Its baby time!

2 comments:

littlearch said...

G'ma Lindy will be on her way to the hospital SOON!!!

Kristina said...

I LOVE the last response. You should use it once on someone. Hilarious. Classic Whit.