Monday, September 1, 2008

This week in whitney news.

Happy Septamber.  Happy Labor day.  I had a REALLY happy birthday!  Thank you for all your calls and well wishes.

So, I'm going to stop apologizing for being an irregular blogger.  Thats me, take it or leave it.  My loyal readers are never forgotten though.  whenever i think of something "blog worthy", i take a picture of it.  So even if i can't provide you with witty daily musings about life on the rock, i can catch you up periodically.

Here's what's been going on around here.

Chester killed this, after playing with its half-dead struggling self for a few brutal hours.  Normally, we put things out of their misery, but this guy just sort of scared us.  We called it 'dinosaur bug' and tried to ignore its slow death (i still feel bad about letting it go this way, but come on, look at that thing--i wasn't about to get any closer than this.)
 Zoom lenses are good.  
This things body was about the length, if not longer, than my middle finger.


I made brooks some monkey cupcakes.  
With all this time on my hands, i've been trying out fun little things.

My sister is awesome.  sewing valences and quilts in preparation for her baby.

I am playing with candy.





A monkey family.  i only made 4.  these guys took some time and patience that i quickly ran out of, but aren't they cute?









Brooks got me out of the house this weekend (twice actually!!).
Here "we" are taking pictures at poli poli in the eucalyptus tree forest =).









I'd like to say i went with brooks for a hike in this forest, but i'd be lying.  i didn't stray too far from the car...
What with rough terrain and not being able to see my feet and 5000 feet elevation and my pelvis splitting apart, i was proud of this much.

Back in the car, i consulted the whitney survival bag (which is always on hand in the jeep).  It includes juice, snacks, and a variety of books.  During this adventure, i did some crossword puzzles and enjoyed the COOL air!!


What did i ever do to deserve this guy? 
He spoiled me all weekend with movies, home cooked everything,  and shopping sprees at local nurseries (to acquire some new  friends) and even expanded this veggie garden.  He claims he's going to enlarge the other smaller garden tomorrow. I can't wait to fill 'em up!




6 comments:

littlearch said...

I think I'm ready for a walk in that cool forest- we have a heat index today of 102. Thinking when I come out in November and Baby Gibson starts cranking, those eucalypsus trees amy be good for hiding out...are G'mas allowed to do that???
:-)

whitney, brooks said...

grandmas are to let whitneys hide out =)

littlearch said...

I had a feeling that's what you'd say.
:-)

aunt sandy said...

that forest is beautiful.
love your cupcakes. won't it be fun to do that with your little girl?

Kristina said...

I never got those cupcakes. Again, cheese on a plate. All I gots was cheese on a plate and dirty meatloaf.....and by dirty, I mean delicious even if it was a bit raw in the center!

whitney, brooks said...

Yes aunt sandy. i can't wait for that!

kristina-- we're coming out there. sooner rather than later, and i'll make you any cupcakes and raw meatloaf you like!