Wednesday, September 24, 2008

a maui birthday



As I said, we have our Jeff visiting from minnesota. It was his birthday yesterday. For the occasion, we went to our favorite sushi place (no raw food for me though-- getting a wee bit tired of that...) and then we came home for desert. I made "dirt" (one of my all time favorite Cathy Block creations, thank you cathy) to celebrate jeff's big day, and it was a hit, even with us all feeling as full as thanksgiving night. Today he is going to oahu to spend a little time in waikiki and see some famous surf breaks. i promised him there'd be dirt waiting for him for when he got back. I hope i can keep this promise. i have to admit, i had a little for brunch =).




if you look to the right of this photo, you will see pregnancy corner. This is my haven. Brooks set it all up and its where i live =). Books, arts n crafts, lotion and tums...i wont for nothing...except maybe a baby.

5 comments:

littlearch said...

I think we could all find some joy in a "pregnancy corner"...lokking around, I see the perfect spot!

Cathy said...

Hey Whit...I liked the dirt!!I feel totally important to be on a blog!! Today things really got scary... your Hi-Tech Mom told me how to sign in and write a response. Talk about the 21st century! Grandma Lindy keeps me posted as to how you're doing...Hang in there and keep those Sat. Night Live videos coming! I'm working for the cause..as always FLA is still undecided and probably will have to read those hanging chads again.
Hi to Brooks and a nice rub on the belly for Missy! :) Cathy

Willie said...

Ah dirt - I remember it well. But dirt for breakfast? You sound just like your Mom.
Sending a belly kiss for little/big Gibbita.

mary said...

vlxbrdI love the "preg corner" bit. Awesome idea! It's missing the entenmann's chocolate donuts! Thoughts are with the 3 of you. Lots of kisses and hugs. Marance

littlearch said...

Looking for a comment click place on the new blog...
:p)