Friday, September 26, 2008

A new Record

I hit a "personnal best" last night.
5, i said FIVE, trips to the bathroom. I've been averaging 3, rarely hitting 4 interruptions of my non sleep each night. But 5?... come on...

a sad little part of this pregnancy, for a cat at least. Chester officially has no lap to lay on. For the past couple of months, he's gotten very creative with a new rapidly growing obstacle on his turf. he would lay in a "C" formation around the general lap area. He's very agile. Recently he's been digging his claws into anything he can, ouch, and sortof lays slanted (i can still sit indian-style- for now), defying gravity. i have blankets for the claws. Can't help him with the slant really, except in some cases, wedging him in with a pillow opposite the shrinking lap. But with the development of issue one (bathroom visits), by the time we're all set up and he starts off into snooze land, i'm disturbing his slumber yet again. the nerve of me. ramble. sorry...

anyway, this morning, no claws in the world could keep him on his perch. 2 failed attempts, then he laid down next to me. Don't tell him, but i'm much more comfortable with this arrangement, at least for now. Personnal space ha NEVER been more valuable or seemingly impossible than it has lately.



Meanwhile, baby girl is dancing like crazy in here. Its the most amazing an indescribable feeling to have this going on. For you moms out there, you know what i mean. But for you men, boys, dads, i'm sorry you can't experience this. (of course, i DO consider it my reward for the frequent back spasms and unmentionables that you dont know about either, and that i'll spare you from). I think though even cooler than feeling these movements might be seeing them. It sometimes looks like the "belIe" (brooxie's name for home girl's home) has been taken over by some mechanical... thing. My tummy literally changes shape before our eyes. from second to second, we can go from perfectly pumpkin round to unknown gourd type non convex form. i wish i could describe it better. But it is drastic and more entertaining than any movie i've ever seen. i DO keep imagining that scene in Space Balls where the alien comes out of the guys stomach in the diner singing and dancing "hello my baby, hello my honey..." Thank god though, i have faith that our little one will greet us in a less shocking manner, and a whole lot cuter.


first of all, i CAN'T believe I found this. Secondly, i didn't remember it being so scary... i'm not scared of her....very excited actually, but here's the scene =).

anyway, these are my morning thoughts.

3 comments:

Willie said...

LOL. Harry has the same problem when he tries to sit on my lap, and I'm not even.............. LINDA!!!!!!!!

Kristina said...

OMG. I love that scene! Have I ever done my impression for you in "the shorts" with my imaginary cane and top hat?! I must have. LOVE YOU LOTS!!!

whitney, brooks said...

the "iguanas"? i've seen the whip but i dont know about the space balls...you still have those lovely little nothings?