Monday, October 13, 2008

our weekend

i have a dr's appointment today. yay! these are getting fun now that we're in the home stretch. By some accounts, im 37 weeks pregnant, aka FULL TERM!! It depends on who you ask, but with a due date of november 9th, web MD and whattoepect.com are calling me 37 weeks. my OB/GYN, unfortunately says 26.2 weeks. and various other sources say various other things. the elephant association is laughing at me cause i have another 15 months or so.

ANYWAY, we had a nice weekend around here. The renaissance man, aka Brooks, didn't have any extracurricular activities or jobs, unless you count a wedding on friday, but that's not really the weekend. So, we took advantage of quiet (preparation) time, sports, pregnancy corner, and even a little sunshine. I dont get out much these days and need some help doing it so little outdoor activities are VERY exciting. Here are some items of note:


The Red Sox lost game 2 in extra innings to the Rays. During that last play, i didn't really think it was going to be the LAST play. Oh well. So game 3, about to start in 20 minutes, is at fenway, with a 1-1 tie in the series. Brooks thought a good way to look at it was as a 5 game series, with us having home field advantage. And with lester on the mound, i'm comfy.


The Patriots lost also. Not that they are my team but they are brooks and during football season on sundays, sometimes mondays, and 10 to 15 minutes segments sportcenter, espn news, and shows like 1st n 10, this house is taken over. the tv and pregnancy corner share a room. i respectfully am quiet, doing a crossword or trying to figure out "what to expect", and occassionally I watch. this game was sad. Brooks took it uncharacteristically well though.


As I said Brooks got me out of the house. We went to this place.


i love this little produce market. they grow everything and sell it here...


Seasonally, they have seasonal...things. Who doesn't love a pumpkin patch? We saw a couple put a young baby in the middle of all these pumpkins to take pictures. Can't wait for our own photo opts like these.




Theres lot of fun to be had at this sweet little place, including a petting zoo of sorts. This is Agnus. You all might know of my fascination/love for goats. Well imagine my excitement when she came up to me and stayed there, far away from her friends and other humans wanting to feed her grass. We made friends quickly. She was very nice and gentle.


As i was feeding her the scrumptous stuff, a lady that worked there told me her name (angus didn't really introduce herself) AND that she was pregnant too! Isn't that crazy?! the only goat, out of about 20, to take interest, and maybe she did cause she knew. This was fun. then she bit me a little (although she did so gently). then brooks gave me first aide in the back of the van. then we went home.
And yes, there are pictures of me actually feeding the little lady, but im sure you'll all understand that in this 9th matronly month, i respectfully, no longer really wish to share. If it ever was cute, it "ain't" any longer. i think i have something blurry i can dig up for you, my loyal readers though... patience pays.






AND, we tried on some clothes at home. I think these might be my new favorite pictures.











AND...RIDDLE ME THIS. This strawberry is from OUR little garden (we've been making smoothies A LOT). Its hard to tell from this angle, but its absurdly shaped, AND little baby strawberry plants are growing out of the seeds. thought you guys might get a kick out of that. i did.













OK, so sometimes, i see my reflection in something and it stops me dead in my tracks. like i've tried to explain before, its not that i forget I'm pregnant...that'd be the day....its that i am often reminded how VERY pregnant i am. This is on the porch, a couple weeks ago. So here we are. (yes, im even BIGGER now)













They are calling the line up on TV. Gotta run. Go Sox!!

8 comments:

littlearch said...

Love these pictures and the humor within them. Keep your chin up and keep smiling my sweet growing momma. You will at some point have this baby!!!
:-)
And hoping it was a typo...26.5 weeks??? HUH?

whitney, brooks said...

yes a typpo, definitely 36.2 weeks

littlearch said...

Thank the Lordy!

erica said...

good, i was worried about that too! eek! love the pumpkins, love the goat, but reeeeaaaallly love brooks in the hooded towel.

when i was 41 weeks, my doctor said, "no one's been pregnant forever." yeah, buddy. and you've never been pregnant at all!!!

(i think he was trying to make me feel better...)

Kristina said...

Cute!! Love the pics. I remember our trip to the pumpkin patch in PB between the playoffs and watching Laguna Beach. We were SUCH busy ladies.

Josh said...

You are going to love the pumpkin patch moments with your child. We've made it a family tradition here in Iowa. We've been to three pumpkin patches already and we are planning a 4th trip in the next couple of weeks. : )

Mary Tess said...

Whitney, you're the best blogger I know. Complete with cute pictures of Broox, you, pumpkins and goats. It's almost like being there. But I'm glad I wasn't there during last night's game.... ooooh I bet that hurt. I don't want to think of you in any more pain than comes with the territory at 8 months. Those Sox better make you happy! Luv u WandB...MT

Willie said...

Whitney, you must have photo-shopped that picture of you. You are HUGE! Your doctor needs to get out the calendar and do some re-figgurin'. And that Broox! - can he take a picture or what?
Love you both!