Monday, October 27, 2008

SO MY MOM....

So my mom keeps telling me that baby girl gibson would really appreciate some day seeing a picture of me THIS pregnant, 38+ weeks pregnant. What linda wants is for me to put on a dress or something, makeup maybe, and a smile and get yet another full body shot. Unfortunately, i think these days are done. this is a lot of effort. plus, nothing really fits very well anymore.

it is very humbling to grow OUT of maternity clothes. thankfully most of me fits in them, its just the belly that is a bit of a problem. Brooks and I can literally spend an hour staring at "the bell" with jaws dropped and few words. It is unbelieveably big, and hard, and often very misshapen. (Dr estimated at last week's appt, bgg weighed somewhere in the "high 7's", meaning 7lbs, LOTSA ounces, and that was a week ago, and she gains about an ounce a day, as they say.) I don't think i ever realized how small i WAS before i was carrying around a pumpkin, surrounded by fluid and padding and i think there is a blanket in there and maybe a piano for her to practice on...

maternity SHIRTS don't cover the whole thing anymore, so the bell peeks out and i think thats weird, and not somthing the public should see. and the dresses "fit" the stomach, but too much real estate are required of them too soon, then the dress ends up looking a little pregnant-britney-spears-ish, a little too short for comfort. Mini dresses can be cute, but it looks rather inappropriate these days as I'm about to be a mom and should try to set a good, well dressed example.

So mom, I want you to know I'm not ignoring your request. But here's a recent shot that i didn't have to prepare too much for. I'm going to love BGG so much, that she'll love me too, even without the dress and makeup. Cheers!

5 comments:

Kristina said...

You really shouldn't be smoking while pregnant, Whit....especially a hookah!

littlearch said...

Cheers back at ya! BUT EEWWWWWW you're really NOT lookin' so good!
:-)

AM said...

Thanks for the chuckle. I was just thinking today about a good baby belly shot, but that wasn't it. Remember having those pics taken 2 days before Celia was born. They were something.

erica said...

Whitney, think of it this way: How bad are you DYING to see a piture of Mom a million months pregnant with you? Could you live without it? Thought so. (Love you Mom!)
Love you and I think you look great!

Cathy said...

Hi Whit...I know you are cuter than that! Waitnig for that call from your Mom...Can't wait to see BGG! Hang in there maybe you will get a "Boo Baby" today!!
Love, Cathy