Thursday, June 12, 2008

WHEW!!

OK, i've done it again.  I've gotten myself hooked on another sport, during the playoffs no less. I became an overnight Celtics fan a couple of months ago and my heart has been racing ever since.  Tonight was maybe a little too exciting.  I'm still catching my breath.

A link I have placed below will give you the wrap up (very short) of the game this evening. Basically, unbelievable.  At one point, the Celtics were down 24 points to the Lakers, and came back and won.  It was crazy.  So now the series is 3-1 Celtics.  Ha Ha Kobe.

Now, before anyone worries about my stress level or heart rhythm, , I told my doctor about this basketball situation, cause I actually was worried (I AM my mother's daughter and take my sports events very seriously).  She said it was OK.  She also said as long as I don't exceed the maximum, these were OK:

So, I've been enjoying these.  And actually, i really DO enjoy these.  Not only for the games, but I have a small fire near that middle of my sternum that is competing with the olympic torch.  Water does NOT put it out. 

You may notice from the picture that Tums has come out with new "flavors".  They don't tell you what fruits they're trying to mock, but they are a berry variety and they are delicious!  Also, they're a lot less chalky than the originals.  Erica, you listening?

I'm thinking of this Tums business as a perk to pregnancy.  Little victories are very exciting.  There are so many things on the "no" list...  My main issue THIS week:

Why on God's good earth can't I lay on my back?  
I understand the physiology of it, but think about this.  For a REALLY long time, women have carried and delivered babies.  Way before modern technology, there was nothing on the "no list" except pike positions I assume. Advances are great, but can't they stop the pregnancy studies already?  What I don't know probably really won't hurt me.  But since I know it, I can't have it, any of it.  

Anyway, thanks to modern medicine, I can't have soft cheeses, sushi, or even ibuprofen (I'm not kidding:  I was told by my doctor to limit my tuna intake to two servings a week--WHAT?).  And, now as of the 2nd trimester, which I'm about halfway through, sleeping on my back is dangerous.  

It has not been going well.  When I DO sleep well, I wake up in the middle of the night on my back and feel horrible guilt about constricting baby girl's blood flow.  The I get on my left side ("preferable") and lay awake thinking I'm already a bad mom.  I guess this is the beginning of motherhood...worrying about tiny circulatory systems,  whether or not I'm doing a good job, and tossing and turning, trying to sleep.  

That's OK. I say bring it on.  I'll sleep when I'm dead and I can't wait for more of it!

Excuse me and my tangent.  I began this blog to celebrate the celtics.  Lets get back to that.
YAY!  i can sleep easy tonight. 
well, you know..

So anyway, if you're interested, let this link fill you in on the game.  You'll get the idea, without the worry of gastric ulcers or the need for supplemental calcium.


P.S. Chester is asleep on the couch.  The game wore him out too =). (thank you) 

3 comments:

littlearch said...

Stayed up the other night after we talked and watched the end- AMAZING!!!!!

littlearch said...

I'm catching up with my bloggers (just got home from Savannah last night) and am trying not to laugh out loud. It's 5 am and everyone is sleeping :-). Dad and Erica and Dan. To this not-laying-on-your-back situation I say a big OY VEY!!!! I heard about this for THE FIRST TIME last night from your sister. Guess I should say a big OOPS! Sorry kids but I was a back sleeper.

erica said...

I am listening and I am hearing you and I have an even better product for you...TUMS SMOOTHIES...They are worth a trip out. Go on.