Sunday, June 8, 2008

Jealous?

We went to CostCo yesterday. We hate it, but as with many things in a maui, it is sortof a necessary evil. AND... sometimes we even find gems. This purchase was totally worth the all chaos, florescent lights, and lines of the factory store. i thought I'd share the excitement with you.

I got us a box of Cinnamon Life a couple weeks ago, hesitantly because we don't really eat cereal at all. It was a grocery store impulse and I went with it. Those sweet toasted treats only lasted a few days. So on our way to big old CostCo yesterday we planned to look in the cereal aisle (or cereal street, whatever you want to call it). We didn't talk about it, but I assumed we'd be in the market for something boasting bran, grains, or general "roughage"ness. (Very lucky for me, i dont think i'm really having cravings, yet at least, but i'm definitely leaning in the direction of healthy stuff, more than ever in my life--granola bars, yogart, juice, salads mostly--and Brooks is always up for healthy, especially in the morning).

We saw this box of dreams and there was no debate. Brooks started his Sunday with Cookie Crisp, and I with Lucky Charms. I think lunch might involve Trix. I wouldn't want to leave anyone out.

This is a combo pack of some of my favorite crap cereal that brings back memories of childhood (at camp of course, and at friends houses, not at home. Actually, I think it was provided on campING trips by mom, who realized all of us kids deserved some junk sometimes.)

Never wanting to hear my daughter complain that i didn't let her "live a little", a took one for the team and wrestled it down for her. Its baby's first sugar rush! "forsted lucky charms, marshmellowy delicious" wil not get out of my head.

1 comment:

littlearch said...

Oh no! Your teeth!
:-0
AND thanks for the explanation of the squiggly letters below- makes sense, even to me!