Monday, June 9, 2008

Greenley




WHO'S EXCITED??

this chick!



So a while ago, I found an orchid abused and left for dead in my neighbor's bushes (that may sound weird, but she was out of town and I was taking care of her plants and stuff). She was on her belly, without a pot to, anything, in. Mostly dried up roots and a few green leaves.

I took her in and named her, as I do all my orchids. Her name is Greenley. That's a soap character's name (from the night shift days) and I thought it might encourage the color green. That, and I was running out of girl names--I have a lot of orchids, you see, and they're all female.
I've been taking care of her, setting up her living quarters with other orchies and saying hello to her every morning. I dont know how she crept up on my like she did, but I can't say I saw this spurt from its onset. I CAN say, I'm very proud.
So, I'm VERY excited about this. The especially cool part is that since I found her on her death flower bed, she obviously wasn't blooming. I have no idea what the flowers will look like!
I think it goes without saying that I'll keep my loyal readers posted.

No comments: