Sunday, June 29, 2008

The happening

                                      Mark <span class=
Wahlberg as Elliot Moore in "The Happening."" title="Mark Wahlberg as Elliot Moore in "The Happening."">

So, I'm being very spoiled lately:  two nights in a row of movies (and yes of course, popcorn) just for carrying around baby girl gibson. Its not like i have much of a choice, seeing as she has a way of clinging on where ever I go, so i'm not sure i can take full credit. --she weighs over a pound this week, by the way! Feels like a tissue...

Anyway, the movie we saw last night was M. Night Shamalamadingdong's most recent, "The Happening".  I like mr night guy, but I've noticed that everything has gone down hill from signs and the sixth sense.  He's reaching, or I guess you can say, he can't reach.  As you can see from the picture above, the movie starts and we are to believe that Marky Mark Whalberg is a high school science teacher.  The unbelievability grows from there.  Brooks and I were talking about it afterward, and during the movie we were both wondering if we were seeing the characters turn to zombies as part of a plot twist and purposefully, or if it was just really bad acting. Unfortunately, we figured out it was the latter.  Cool idea, but you were left, not so much, "hanging" at the end, but waiting for whatever was after the "comma".

Eat your heart out Gene Shallot.

If you'd like to watch the preview, you can fore go seeing the whole movie and do something productive with your time and money. If you're like me though, we can fully know that its going to be lame and go anyway, sitting unladylike, feet up, belly out, and greasy fingered in (as linda fleming would say) "Hawg heaven".  

If you want to go the movies and be entertained, I would recommend our choice for the night before last-- Get Smart.  Funny and stupid and great =).

The garden is calling....

1 comment:

littlearch said...

Think Get Smart sounds like Dad and my kind of movie. Maybe in between summer school and packing boxes, it would be a nice treat! BUT I'm going for the SnoCaps in my HAWG HEAVEN!u